Funtastic Phonics Level 2
CVC Word Families – Short Vowel Sounds
Learning to read CVC words is a huge accomplishment for our little readers! A CVC word is made up of 3 letters: a consonant, a vowel and another consonant. "Bag", "beg", "big" and "bug" are all examples of CVC words. In Level 2, we will teach children the most common vowel patterns because these are most needed for children in their reading and spelling. Students will be able to blend, read and even spell these CVC words easily!
We teach in a fun way, through our well-designed PowerPoint presentations, flashcards and songs. Our booklets will help students read, write and spell different CVC words confidently.
Our Class Routine:
- In the first 5 minutes, children greet one another as well as the teacher and get ready for the lesson.
- From the 5th to 25th minute: During circle time, students will focus on learning new blending sounds.
- From the 25th to 50th minute: Our booklets will help students practice their reading, blending and spelling skills.
- From the 50th to 75th minute: It’s time for fun activities and revision. Our teachers will reward our students by giving them smiley faces and stickers according to their performance at the end of their lessons.
Fun, Interactive Activities:
- Hammer game,
- Reading practice.
Main Feature of the Course:
- Blending words with short vowels,
- Learning new CVC words,
- Reading and spelling,
- Learning through fun activities.